What will I learn in the Calmbirth® classes?
During our Calmbirth® classes, women and their partners learn:
- to be empowered and take control of their own pregnancy, labour & birth
- how the mother’s body is designed to birth her baby naturally and calmly
- how women can work with their body and baby in labour and not resist it
- to access their inner resources to alleviate the fear, anxiety and tension experienced during pregnancy, labour and childbirth
- the importance of a mother’s beliefs and attitudes about birth and how these can be one of the major differences between a positive or negative birth experience
- the practical skills of Relaxation, Breathing and Visualisation which are used during pregnancy, labour and birth
Who teaches the Calmbirth® classes?
Nicole Greig is a qualified and currently practicing Registered Nurse and Midwife. Nicole has completed all professional training in Calmbirth® and is qualified to teach the Calmbirth® classes. Read more about Nicole Greig.
How much does it cost?
The cost of the Calmbirth® class is $450.00 per couple and is inclusive of GST.
All essential materials for this class (including Calmbirth® DVD and educational booklet to practice at home) are included in this price.
Note: Most Health Funds offer a rebate for these classes although it will depend on the type of cover you have. You will need to contact your Health Fund directly to determine the level of rebate available to you.
What is included?
– All relevant class materials.
– Morning tea including tea and coffee.